1. What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the Site, submit comments, photographs or other materials on the Site, or participate in another Site feature.
- When signing up for, or registering to make submissions or otherwise use specific services, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information (“Personal Information”). You may, however, view our Site without providing such Personal Information.
- When participating in certain activities, such as commenting on a particular article, participating in an online chat, or otherwise sending messages through our web site, the comments, information, thoughts or ideas you provide may be published on the Site at the sole discretion of Inecom.
- We use IP addresses and session identifiers to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information about individual users and market segments.
- Like many web sites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our Site. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
2. How do we use your information?
We may use the Personal Information we collect from you when you register, submit comments, photographs or other materials, purchase products, surf the Site, or use other Site features in the following ways:
- To recognize you, personalize your Site experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your submissions and requests.
- To quickly process your submissions and transactions.
- To administer blogs, chats, or other Site features.
3. Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
- Comments, email and chat session participation. If you respond with information including feedback and data, such as questions, comments, suggestions, names, town of residence, or the like, such information is deemed to be non-confidential and we have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and we are free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to any third party without limitation. We are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including but not limited to writing and publishing articles and other materials incorporating such information.
- Non-personal information. We may use third- party advertising companies to serve ads. Such companies may also gather non-personally identifiable information about Site visitation patterns so that we can continue to improve our web site and use such information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visit to this web site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- We will not share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you agree to such disclosure (via direct agreement to such disclosure or your request to receive information from a third party that is selling goods or services or otherwise participating in an activity on the Site). If you have opted-in to receiving information from such third parties, you may contact us to opt-out of receive marketing communications from third parties. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly accommodate any requests you make to opt-out of receiving certain communications. Notwithstanding the above, we reserve the right to disclose (on a confidential basis) and/or transfer your Personal Information to our affiliates, or to a third party in connection with the sale of all or substantially all of our stock or assets.
4. Correction/Updating Personal Information
You can correct or update your Personal Information by deleting your account and re-registering, by changing your account via the regular log-in procedure or by using our Contact Us form.
In the course of serving advertisements to this Site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by this company, please contact us.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (e.g. Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your Site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
6. Safeguarding Information
Inecom follows generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use Personal Information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that Personal Information during its transmission or its storage in our systems.
7. Privacy and Third-Party Links
8. Online Policy Only
9. How We Protect the Privacy of Children
10. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide Personal Information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2010 will receive information regarding 2009 sharing activities).
To obtain this information from Inecom, please utilize our Contact Us form with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
11. Questions and Feedback