Home Forums Pub General Discussion tip for Just Cause 2 (free GwG on 360)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by xlordkarnagex xlordkarnagex 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

xlordkarnagex
    xlordkarnagex
    Level 6
    Off-Brand Transformable Robot
    CGR XP: 105

Had a simple free tip for those of you downloading and playing the new 360 free game just cause 2 to make the game a bit less tedious.

There are a few upgrades you will want to max out quickly.
    VEHICLES
    rowlinson k22, small black helicopter, many reasons to max this one out, it is easy to fly, is fast, and has dual miniguns at max that can take out armored targets that would otherwise require explosives, such as giant radio towers etc.
    and it only costs 35k as compared to 100k for the havoc choper

sivirkin 15 havoc bigger brother of rowlinson, and i think it has missile pods too, good armor, but exspensive and somewhat slow.

mta powerrun 77, very fast water vehicle with a small cannon at max level, good for reaching underwater drug drops.

garret traver-z super fast car, handles okay, good for doing road race challenges

WEAPONS

Pistol is prefered over most weapons for killing baddies, it’s manual fire but it has the most ammo by far and is nearly impossible to run out of ammo for.

SMG is okay too, but it burns through ammo very quickly and only has a few clips even with the upgrades,
    might try leveling up sawed off and magnum to see if they are worth it, but from what i have seen they have much lower ammo count compared to the others

Standard shotgun is amazing, 1 shots most enemies with full upgrades

Naturally, grenades and c4 are great upgrades, maxing grenades will be a high priority though for dealing with large clusters of enemies.

I wasn’t a big fan of the LMG, or the sniper rifle, but i will have to try upgrading them first.

Mostly you want to use the small chopper to get around though because it is insanely quick compared to other methods and is cheap as hell when you get into the game. The vehicles listed above are the ones i would recommend however.

going to warn you though, when you start clearing out military bases and towns, and looking for drug drops and black boxes, it will quickly turn into binge gaming.

happy gaming! damn shame they didn’t put co-op in this game however.

lukefonfabre388
    lukefonfabre388
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef
    CGR XP: 1808

I have beaten just cause 2 already but after hearing this I want to go play it again. Might go fire up my ps3 and play it. I honestly enjoyed this game way more then I did gta 5.

Soul of Natsu
    Soul of Natsu
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef
    CGR XP: 2172

If only the handling wasn’t horrible, then I’d love this game 10 times more.

I mean, it’s an awesome game, so much to explore, collect, upgrade and destroy (specially destroying tanks and killing dictators to get more missions and more items in the black market), but the only problem here is the handling of some vehicles.

lukefonfabre388
    lukefonfabre388
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef

Ya I agree on the handling of some of the vehicles. But its still perfectly playable. If I had to rate it on a scale from 1 to 10 I would give it probably a 8.8 or a 9.0. I always liked the barge a lot and used to use it as a small aircraft carrier. I still have not completed the game all the way through but I did beat the last story mission. So I don’t know if you could call that beating it but to me it is. There’s still a lot of faction missions to go through.

I still have yet to beat grid 1. There was so much to do in that game as well. I have owned it for a good number of years now and still haven’t done everything in it. All the races and tournaments. Still my all time favorite modern day racing game despite the lack of customization which I am willing to overlook. I’m willing to overlook it just because the game runs and handles so well and there is a lot to do in it. I haven’t played the third one although I heard in the second one the cars handle funny.

I just found out they made a hard copy of V8 superstar racing. I thought it was only a psn download. I’m going to import that for my ps3 and im so glad the ps3 is region free. Its not a bad simulation game when you change some things in the menu. It may be a budget title but its not half bad once you fix some things in the options menu.

Soul of Natsu
    Soul of Natsu
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef
    CGR XP: 2172

Of course the game should deserve a 9 out of 10. It’s one of these games you should care for destroying everything more than following a story or get stunned for the graphics. Basically is Test Drive Unlimited meets GTA.

And since @xlordkarnagex is here… Isn’t that an El Camino Replica? If I’m sure you can get it in the Black Market too.

xlordkarnagex
    xlordkarnagex
    Level 6

currently 45% completed the game overall, going to try to do all of the cities and towns in the coming months now that i can simply play it off internet instead of having to put the disk in everytime.

Wasn’t really aware that it was an elcamino, but i think i might have to try putting upgrades into it and seeing if its any good or not.
    i think the problem i had with it was why buy an elcamino with a gun when you can get a tank! elcamino good, but tank and heli better!

for the air race missions, if you have the little bird helicopter at max level, you can do any of those races with that vehicle, just be careful not to crash or hit things, (there ar a few races that bring you quite low to the ground for example.
    It is fast enough to complete these missions, but just barely so watch out and go fast! you will want to hit the bonus circles for extra time just to be sure.
    I say this because i read comments about vehicle handling and i know that the jets and certain trucks/cars don’t really handle well at max speed, the key to keeping stability in a truck is to just let off the gas, it seems that if you go at full speed you are more likely to go flying everywhere when you hit something.

Going to see how much i can get done in the game today.

also, screw the rocket dudes, words cannot express how much i hate those bastards, just trying to do a base and then a missile flies out of nowhere and 1 shots you, such a nuisance!

Cervantes
    Cervantes
    Level 20
    Incompetent Evil Commander
    CGR XP: 2271

Guys, just FYI so you don’t be disappointed later: it’s impossible to complete 100% of the game; the developers apparently forgot to put a few destructable things in the map. It’s possible to mod the game and complete it on the pc version, but I don’t know about consoles.

Also, the pc version has a completely nuts multiplayer mod! 😀

lukefonfabre388
    lukefonfabre388
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef

That’s cool but I would rather not play with people I don’t know that well or not even at all. I try to hang out with a specific group of people when playing online and usually don’t play alone. I would prefer to have someone backing me up in an argument should the need arise.

xlordkarnagex
    xlordkarnagex
    Level 6

Currently up to 61% completion, have a few updates to relay.

Most of the things i said in OP still stand.

Firstly, i have found the greatest cheat of all for the game, an online map that shows locations of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in the game.
    http://jc2map.info/ simply click the things you want to see, and viola, there they are. Makes finding items and destructibles a breeze.

Rocket launcher is alot of fun and destroys fuel silos and sams very easily, you won’t waste nearly as many grenades, but the grenades still do a great job taking them out provided you actually hit them.
    Assualt rifle is also great weapon, does surprisingly well against helicopters with upgrades.
    However, overall, i think that the best weapon for light base assualting is the SMG, hands down one of the quickest weapons to kill non armored ground targets, even works vs general guys, just be sure to hit them in the head with it.

I tried out the elcamino, and the atv, but i didn’t like them overly, they seemed pretty drifty and would lose control easily and crash and burn. I think i like the wildchild best, it is a stable driver.
    I have discovered too that any vehicle that gets a machine gun will also get a rocket pod at max upgrade, boats and all, so this should help killing bad guys.
    Magnum isn’t really that bad, but its not that great either, shoots slow, only okay damage, low ammo count.
    Sawwed off shotgun does a ton of damage, at close range, but the problem is you need to be super close to whatever you are aiming at, probably good for something, haven’t found a use for it, low ammo count as mentioned earlier.

I have also figured out that if you are being chased by the cops, the best way to get rid of heat is to go deep into the forest, the cops wont follow you on bikes or jeeps, but they will follow you in helicopters, once you take out the helicopter, crash it (you will stay in heat for being in a stolen military vehicle) and just sit still in the forest until your orange bar goes away. you can do this after clearing a town.
    If you have level 4 or 5 heat though, what you need to do is get a black bird delivered and immediately fly as far away from bad guys as you can, this thing will out run any military vehicle, nothing can catch it, just be careful of heatseekers and other choppers, they are your biggest threat when doing this. You simply cannot get out of 4-5 heat in a timely fashion because of the constant helicopters being thrown at you.

The faction missions are easy once you get used to them, and can be done quite fast in most cases, it is the main story missions that take a long time however, these are 3-5 faction missions all at once, and can be challenging if you are not properly prepared. Healing up and getting ammo is strongly recommended before you start one of these missions.

Hope this helps and have fun playing!

xlordkarnagex
    xlordkarnagex
    Level 6

Progress update; Completion 98.92% only need about 80 more resource items (gun, car, armor parts) and probably a few other destructables that don’t count towards location completion %%

Finished ALL of the locations on the map and the races and missions, haven’t done all of the achievements yet but most of them seem easy enough.

The only achievement i’m worried about is fly a plane under 30 unique bridges, i assume this means in 1 run without dying….

Another tricky one is fly low in a plane for 30 seconds without crashing, shouldn’t be too bad out on the ocean however.

I can confirm that ALL air races can be done with the small black bird helicopter that you can order from the dealer.

Your active % will not show up until you have beaten the game which includes a ridiculous scene involving a ninja dojo inside of a mountain, and fighting on nukes flying across the sky.

Anyways, good luck to anybody still enjoying this game and grinding it out.

Total time it took me to get to 99% is 98 hours, it’s a LONG grind, and you will die alot.

I have also tried all of the weapons and I can say that ALL of them are fairly useful once you get them upgraded, they do more damage and hold FAR more clips, meaning that you can blow up things that can be shot with less bullets, meaning you have more bullets for bad guys.
    it really comes down come personal preference, use what you want, but i can tell you which i think are best.

Best automatic weapons:
    Sub machine gun, fast fire rate, kills large groups rapidly
    Machinegun, HUGE bullet count, massive damage output, but slower fire rate (tolerable)

Best single shot weapons:
    Sawed off shotgun, much bigger clip size at max, and it will 1 shot water towers or gas pumps
    Pistol, pew pew pew pew pew. standard generic pistol.

Best explosive weapons:
    C4, doesn’t move once placed and does more damage, grenades can miss when you have to be precise.
    Rocket launcher, (taken from quake manual) “For when a grenade positively, absolutely, has to be there on time” truer words never spoken.

Garbage weapons: (don’t even bother with these)
    Revolver, just too slow for what it does. Take sawwed off.
    Grenade launcher, the grenades travel in a low angle arch and not far enough at all, it does okay damage i guess, but overall its garbage, just don’t even bother.
    Shotgun, the machinegun, assualt rifle and even small arms outshine it in every way, still fun to use however. Not the worst but i would personally avoid it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.