Home Forums Pub General Discussion Silent Hill discussion? I think?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Guilion Guilion 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

devilnevercry
    devilnevercry
    Level 11
    Swamp Ranger
    CGR XP: 368

Alright, I just got a copy of Silent Hill 3 for the PS2 in pretty good condition for like $7. Gonna start it up soon.

Anyways that’s besides the point. Do you like Silent Hill? Which is your favorite? Least favorite entry? Are you worried about the rumor that Hideo Kojima possibly working on the next Silent Hill entry being true? My favorite entry so far is the original. It still looks absolutely gorgeous for a PS1 title and aged really well. That’s not to put down Silent Hill 2 or 4, since I think they’re both great titles in their own way. My least favorite title is probably Silent Hill Homecoming, for just being Silent Hill – The Movie: The game and just feeling like somewhat of a cash-in.

tubit
    tubit
    Level 12
    Cartoon Pony Wrangler
    CGR XP: 416

I’ve only played through SH 1 and 2. My favorite is probably the first one. I’ve also watched Matt & Pat play through Downpour and Homecoming. The playthroughs were hilarious but the games looked kinda kack.

If Kojima is making the next SH, I’m not overly excited about it. I think Konami should give some fresh blood some free reins and see what happens, which is how Silent Hill came about in the first place. Actually, Silent Hill was intended to be a lot more “Hollywood”, but the team that made it insisted on doing their own thing when prospects of the original idea seemed lacking – and look how that turned out.

Matt & Pat’s DYK on Silent Hill, pretty interesting.

Dead Cousin Ted
    Dead Cousin Ted
    Level 6
    Off-Brand Transformable Robot
    CGR XP: 119

I still remember being genuinely scared the first time I played the original game and there was a part when I had to run to the lighthouse with about 7 monsters chasing after me. …And then being even more scared just from the background noises during the walk into town at the start of SH2.

Anyway, love the first 3 games, but the rest… ehh, not that impressed. All just seemed to confuse the premise and make a mess of the storyline. Can’t see how Kojima can do a worse job and, come on; he’s the the guy who made Snatcher.

nintendogenesis2600
    nintendogenesis2600
    Level 20
    Incompetent Evil Commander
    CGR XP: 2313

3 had one of the best opening songs for a video game or even movie love that love the tremors reference in it too

tubit
    tubit
    Level 12
    Cartoon Pony Wrangler
    CGR XP: 416

But… But, Kojima is hogging all the games. There was some creepy parts in Snatcher though.

I’m still hoping for some new talent. And no half hour long cutscenes about the local politics in Silent Hill.

Dead Cousin Ted
    Dead Cousin Ted
    Level 6

@hyperscanrules4ever And one of the worst ending songs: “This mooovie doesn’t end, the way, we want, all the time, then shouts at the moon; SHE’S GOOOOOONNNE…”

dantemustdie
    dantemustdie
    Level 5
    CGR Undertow Groupie
    CGR XP: 92

I’ve only tried Silent Hill 2. Heard that it is generally viewed as best in the series. So far it hasn’t really done much for me. As of right now I would say that I do not like the game. My specific location in the game is in that apartment and jumped into another apartment. The apartments seem more creepy than the fog the series is so well known for.

OST for 2 + 3 are top notch. Enjoyable even if you don’t like the games.

Armored Core Raven
    Armored Core Raven
    Level 14
    Ice Skating Parachute Soldier
    CGR XP: 519

I love Silent Hill and Silent Hill 4: The Room. 3 and 0rigins were pretty good too. Homecoming had some good stuff in it.

Silent Hill enhanced my love for fog.

Harry and Henry are two of my all time favorite characters.

Room of Angel is one of my favorite songs of all time.

I don’t like 2, Shattered Memories or the movie.

I haven’t played Downpour but it doesn’t seem like I’d enjoy it if I did, so I group it with 2, SM and the movie.

Dead Cousin Ted
    Dead Cousin Ted
    Level 6

somebody336
    somebody336
    Level 7
    Mess That Nobody is Sorry About
    CGR XP: 140

Favorite is SIlent Hill 2.
    Least favorite is Silent Hill Book of Memories.

Segaofmyhouse
    Segaofmyhouse
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef
    CGR XP: 2092

I made a discussion thread similar to this one after I finished Silent Hill 3. It has some good responses

http://classicgameroom.com/forums/topic/silent-hill-general-discussion-thread/

On a separate note, it is far to difficult to find a buried thread

devilnevercry
    devilnevercry
    Level 11
    Swamp Ranger
    CGR XP: 368

@Dante

Silent Hill series has an area that may lose you, but it’s worth sticking around to see more and more. There’s no shame in using a walkthrough.

Guilion
    Guilion
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef
    CGR XP: 1893

If Kojima makes the next Silent Hill I can totally picture the main character being replaced somewhere in the game by a cyborg ninja that acts edgy all the time and runs around nude and then after the fanbase hates on the cyborg ninja it will become the new main character of every Silent Hill produced after that one, it will be glorious!.

Ehem… yeah… Ummh my favorite one is actually the first one and my least favorite is obviously the HD collection for Xbox360. You know? That game that corrupts your saved files and crashes randomly because it was compiled with incomplete code and was never patched on the Xbox360? -Le sigh-.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.