Home Forums XBox PLAYING OG XBOX ONLINE IN 2014!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by lordkaicer lordkaicer 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

artmaddox
    artmaddox
    Level 2
    Ensign Nobody
    CGR XP: 26

Sooo did anyone get down on XBconnect back in the day to play halo 1 online? Well it’s still around. I JUST PLAYED HALO 2 ONLINE. WITH PEOPLE.

It tricks your xbox into thinking your system-linked with another box.

I’m hoping some of the people here will hop on because so far I’ve only seen people play Halo 2 and I am dying to play some Return to Castle Wolfenstein online or some Ghost Recon.

Here’s the link to DL: http://www.xbconnect.com/index.php?topic=downloads

I’m running windows on my Mac. It probably took me 30min to an hour to figure it out and get it working. Not bad compared to the 4-6 hours we spent setting it up to play Halo 1 online back in like 2001-2002.

spooie
    spooie
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef
    CGR XP: 2160

Never tried any trickery to get the original Halo online, no. I’m not running Windows on my Mac, though… so I would assume that excludes me from ever trying.

I would imagine that the workaround is the same that the makers of the Xband used back in the 16-bit era to get the multiplayer SNES/GEN games to boot up over the phone.

Has anyone ever uploaded footage of the games being played this way?

Joacim
    Joacim
    Level 9
    Radioactive Waste Soldier
    CGR XP: 204

I assume this is some kind of VPN. You can play online with pretty much any VPN solution, and there are lots of those for OS X, GNU+Linux, and Windows. There are probably some for less used operating systems like Amiga OS and MorphOS too.

Hamachi was popular when I was playing around with console games and lan-only or procured (pirated) PC games. It supports OS X and Windows (Don’t know about GNU+Linux or BSD). Will probably require some configuration to make the VPN be usable for your entire LAN and not just your own PC.

lordkaicer
    lordkaicer
    Level 15
    Jungle Scout
    CGR XP: 704

a few year ago we use to play the phantasy star, but the group disband so no more online play, also the game has to be hacked and the xbox softmoded for that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.