Home Forums PlayStation Play station

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Spider Shinobi Spider Shinobi 1 day, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

teddykongcountry
    teddykongcountry
    Level 20
    Incompetent Evil Commander
    CGR XP: 2234

What’s your play station like? Was it made by Sony? Does it support dual frothy beverage containment and evacuative suction disposal into the vortex of space?

Guilion
    Guilion
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef
    CGR XP: 2080

My Playstation is so POWERful it isn’t even a Playstation!, my Playstation is a POWERstation!!!!.

It is so POWERful it has to use an external extraterrestrial POWER supply!!!!!. By the way it was mannufactured using POWER by POWER Inc!!!!!.

Bill S. Preston
    Bill S. Preston
    Level 13
    Tricycle Scout
    CGR XP: 463

Robert Palmer approved.

I didn’t even know that guy died! RIP.

Always thought Playstation was the dumbest name for a console(even Neo Geo somehow made sense). Guess we all got used to The Play Station.

leaon79s
    leaon79s
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef
    CGR XP: 2150

Power Station…
    Wasn’t that a marketing line for the N64 back in the 90s…?

Spider Shinobi
    Spider Shinobi
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef
    CGR XP: 2012

@Bill
    Then the WiiU came out.

Cervantes
    Cervantes
    Level 18
    Genetically Enhanced Vehicle Driver
    CGR XP: 1478

@Spider – I think Game Cube was already a pretty dumb name. Then Wii. Then Wii U. Then New 3DS. Nintendo should fire their “console names” guy.

I also think Playstation is kind of a lame name, although not really a bad one. But, really, only Sega really excelled at being good with console names: Genesis, Mega Drive, Game Gear, Sega Saturn and Dreamcast are all pretty good and creative names.

teddykongcountry
    teddykongcountry
    Level 20
    Incompetent Evil Commander
    CGR XP: 2234

@Cervantes – Can’t forget Master System or Nomad either! Is there one console they made with a bad name? Nintendo has been slacking in recent years. Even if you take 3DS and break it down, it should be 3DDS which sounds worse but is technically more correct.

Cervantes
    Cervantes
    Level 18
    Genetically Enhanced Vehicle Driver
    CGR XP: 1478

Ah yes, Nomad especially is such a great name! It perfectly describes the console while still being awesome.

Spider Shinobi
    Spider Shinobi
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef
    CGR XP: 2012

SEGA was great with names. So was M$ until they went and Xbone’d everyone.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.