Home Forums Pub General Discussion Farewell (at least for now)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  scipioafricanus 4 hours, 57 minutes ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Smash Bros Maestro
    Smash Bros Maestro
    Level 20
    Incompetent Evil Commander
    CGR XP: 2522

Hello fellow pub mates. I’d just like to say that I will be leaving Classic Game Room.com for now because I feel ashamed of a comment I made a while back and I can tell that Mark was upset by it. The comment was something along the lines of “He had kids?? Whoa. I do hope he’s aware of overpopulation and the negative effects it has on the environment”. I had good intentions, but I did not deliver the message properly in a respectful manner. I feel as though I came across as insensitive, preachy, and disrespectful (mind you, the original comment was far more tasteless than the sample I gave above), and it’s time I discipline myself and act my age (I am an adult).

Other members on this site have also had issues with other stuff that I do, like my heavy-handed reviews, or my tendency to insult game designers that I hate or Derrek’s artistic taste. So that is why I will no longer be posting on this board (at least for now) and will only be uploading space vault pages if I buy a game that doesn’t already have one.

I hope you can all understand. You’ve all been good community members in my time spent here and I want to thank you all for that, and for listening to what I had to say right now.

Take care.

Balder
    Balder
    Level 18
    Genetically Enhanced Vehicle Driver
    CGR XP: 1389

Wow dude… You don’t have to leave. I don’t think anyone took personal offence of your comments and opinions (at least I didn’t). You brought a lot of interesting topics up for discussions (if you take out the Mega threads and the general threads like “what music do you listen to?”, you had some pretty long threads under your belt).

Even though some of them went a little overboard, at least it gave some life into this forum (fortunately there has come a lot of newcomers lately).

And about that overpopulating comment, I know you don’t mean it in a harmfull way, but people react differently and if you knew Mark’s kids you wouldn’t have said it.

As for your open regrets which you just posted: that’s a really adult thing to do. It reminds me of one of my favorite sayings: “A wise man can change his mind”.

Last pro-life-tip if your not coming back to this forum again: Try to take things into a positive perspective. Criticism is not always needed.

licensedgames
    licensedgames
    Level 6
    Off-Brand Transformable Robot
    CGR XP: 115

Sad to see you leave, but when did you make this comment? I don’t recall it.

chilluminati
    chilluminati
    Level 7
    Mess That Nobody is Sorry About
    CGR XP: 146

Any kid who had Mark as a dad would be one of the luckiest kids on the planet, Derek has excellent artistic taste which I share, and yeah ranting about social issues and politics on a forum about video games is off topic, annoying, and lame because believe it or not some of us come here to get away from that shit.

So with that said and just because you don’t like Derek’s artistic taste here is an amusing picture to send you on your happy way, feel free to kiss it on your way out. ^_^

Guilion
    Guilion
    Level 20
    CGR XP: 2430

Well, I didn’t see that one coming… we’re down to what? 10 people now?

It’s true that you may have gone a little… over the top with some of your opinions at times but really we just got used to them wih time. Neverthless I wish you do weel in your life and hope we may stumble upon each other sometime in the future.

Cervantes
    Cervantes
    Level 20
    CGR XP: 2277

I think even the most controversial discussions we ever had in this pub were generally tamer than what I find in other places – seriously, for game-related forums, this pub is the most friendly place I know. I can’t recall anything posted around here – by Maestro or by anyone else – that was really offensive, so I don’t see any reason for leaving the pub because of a comment. Especially if it was retracted later. So I fully agree with what was said by Balder and Guilion, and I hope you join the pub in future discussions.

licensedgames
    licensedgames
    Level 6
    Off-Brand Transformable Robot
    CGR XP: 115

The “worst” I’ve seen on here is the argument about whether or not Sonic is too slow. It’s unfortunate that the pub will be a smaller place now. Until Mark does another Q&A things get sort of quiet.

peterstevens
    peterstevens
    Level 15
    Jungle Scout
    CGR XP: 695

You admittedly did something wrong, you recognized it, and you were adult enough to call yourself out on it. I think that is punishment enough.

scipioafricanus
    Level 16
    Warrior with Bandana
    CGR XP: 859

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.