Home Forums Pub General Discussion Drink of choice while gaming?

This topic contains 37 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by cr0wTr0bot cr0wTr0bot 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

alexkidd
    alexkidd
    Level 17
    Wisecracking Telecommunications Officer
    CGR XP: 1024

I think the title speaks for itself, what types of drinks do you usually down while playing games? Me most of the time it’s just boring old water or maybe a diet coke/pepsi, nothing crazy.
    But weekends it’s usually a nice rum and coke or a few beers. Usually Yuengling Lager or if I’m feeling lucky I’ll head to the store and get one “make your own” 6 pack so I can try different beers. I find online gaming just a tad more fun with a good buzz going.

I’m not an energy drink kinda person so you won’t find me slamming back Monsters or Red Bulls, I think most of that stuff taste horrible. I will on occasion though have a Mt Dew (any flavor, they’re all good). But I try to stay away from regular soda so that’s rare.

Squid Invasion
    Squid Invasion
    Level 20
    Incompetent Evil Commander
    CGR XP: 2658

I might be strange since I don’t eat or drink while playing any single player games.

When playing online it has to be beer since its makes the entire game no matter what genre just better plus its fun to hop on multiplayer when drunk and mess with people.

killerkidner
    killerkidner
    Level 7
    Mess That Nobody is Sorry About
    CGR XP: 132

A number of years a go I would be drinking some alcoholic drink while gaming (beer or vodka mixer). But, in more recent years I tend to stick to water or a hot drink or tea or coffee. I find I can actually game longer and stay more focussed on the game that way.

Segaofmyhouse
    Segaofmyhouse
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef
    CGR XP: 2092

Absolutely nothing during single player games. It’s too difficult to concentrate on whats going on if i’m trying to juggle food, drink and a controller. Completely takes me out of the zone and used to ruin my gaming experience.

Balder
    Balder
    Level 16
    Warrior with Bandana
    CGR XP: 937

A Burn, Battery or Adrenaline and a whole lot of ice-cold water.

killertofu
    killertofu
    Level 8
    Motorcycle Side Car Gunner
    CGR XP: 162

agree with most water for me during single player and a nice craft beer during the weekends when I jump on to multiplayer. Even then it changes. I wont drink when playing counter strike since I take that a little more serious then lets say COD.

WindSquid
    WindSquid
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef
    CGR XP: 2146

Coffee, lots do coffee. If just chillin on the weekend a few beers but yeah, if you’re looking to really concentrate then coffee or water is best.

Pimpalicious
    Pimpalicious
    Level 19
    Pastry Chef
    CGR XP: 1658

Coffee, water, or coke.

Beer can be fun with multiplayer, if hanging out.

tubit
    tubit
    Level 12
    Cartoon Pony Wrangler
    CGR XP: 416

Coke, Sprite, apple juice, tea, coffee and water. Rum and Coke or beer when I’m feeling festive.

Astfgl
    Level 7
    Mess That Nobody is Sorry About
    CGR XP: 141

Often I forget to drink while I’m gaming. Then the next day I have a headache from dehydration.

ttgg
    ttgg
    Level 23
    Space Soldier
    CGR XP: 4194

I don’t drink alcohol, so it’s usually some off brand of coke. I drink waaaaaaaaay too many of them while gaming.

ShyGuy
    ShyGuy
    Level 18
    Genetically Enhanced Vehicle Driver
    CGR XP: 1271

I love tea, when I play games I’m usually drinking some green tea variant like gunpowder or ginseng oolong, and if I want lots of energy I go with a cup of Earl Grey, Darjeeling, or brew a big pot of Yorkshire Gold, which my local grocery store stocks in the UK area of their ethnic foods section (apparently Yorkshire Gold and Hamlyn’s Pinhead Oatmeal are ethnic foods o_O).

VirtuaKing
    VirtuaKing
    Level 14
    Ice Skating Parachute Soldier
    CGR XP: 524

Nothing, really. I guess I might drink some water before I start playing. :P

alexkidd
    alexkidd
    Level 17
    Wisecracking Telecommunications Officer
    CGR XP: 1024

segaofmyhouse, you could pause the game and drink some water or something haha.

killertofu I seem to do better at COD and games like that with a nice buzz going, I’m more relaxed and that tends to make me focus better. Now if I go past a good buzz well it’s anybody’s call as to how well I’ll do haha.

I don’t usually eat anything while I’m gaming though, and if I do it’s usually some sort of candy like jelly beans or something like that so I don’t get my controllers all messy. I can’t stand when people eat greasy chips and things like that and than slime up their controllers, drives me insane!!!

ggallegos1
    ggallegos1
    Level 21
    Hydrofoil Pilot
    CGR XP: 3306

It depends on what game and who I am with. Single-player it has to be a couple of bottles of Brooklyn Lager. Multiplayer with some friends, it’s going to be Heineken. Multiplayer with my brother…well let’s just say there’s a lot of alcohol and fun to be had lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.